Motor Vehicle Accidents – What to do if you are involved in a motor vehicle accident

[vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]Being involved in a motor vehicle accident can be a frightening experience. This is so particularly if you or others in the vehicle have been injured.

If injured in a motor vehicle accident then of course you will be attended upon by ambulance personnel and provided with all necessary and proper treatment. You may also be taken to hospital. If however the injuries as sustained by you are not so severe as to warrant transportation to hospital there are things that you should consider doing yourself at the accident scene.

It is imperative that emergency services be contacted. This will not only include the ambulance service but also the police and perhaps even fire and rescue. You should also attend to exchange details with the drivers of the other vehicles involved in the accident. This would include things such as the other drivers’ names, addresses, dates of birth, licence details, vehicle registration numbers and insurance details. It would also be prudent to take photographs of the accident site. This would include photographs of the vehicles where they were positioned following the collision as well as photographs of the general vicinity. If there have been any visible injuries then photographs of same would also be of assistance.

Be aware that the New South Wales police will only attend the accident scene if there has been a fatality or serious injury. Police will also attend if any of the drivers involved in the accident refuse or are reluctant to exchange particulars. If a vehicle has been damaged such that it requires towing then the police will attend. Similarly if any of the drivers appear to be affected by alcohol or drugs or there is aggressive and/or criminal behaviour suspected then the police will also attend.

Once those who have been injured have been provided with proper medical treatment Brydens Lawyers should be consulted for the purpose of determining whether any claim is available for compensation for the injury sustained. Brydens Lawyers have for over 40 years been prosecuting personal injury claims on behalf of persons injured in motor vehicle accidents to ensure that they receive the compensation to which they are entitled.

Contact Brydens Lawyers today for a free no obligation consultation on 1800 848 848 or at

For over 40 years now Brydens Lawyers has been operating a ‘No Win – No Fee”, policy which, simply put, provides that if a personal injury or compensation client is unsuccessful in their claim then Brydens Lawyers will not raise a tax invoice for having acted on behalf of the client. That is, if the claim is unsuccessful we do not get paid. More information about how this works can be found on our No Win – No Fee page.[/vc_column_text][ultimate_spacer height=”30″ height_on_tabs=”30″ height_on_tabs_portrait=”30″ height_on_mob_landscape=”15″ height_on_mob=”15″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_wp_custommenu title=”Start a claim” nav_menu=”77″ el_id=”test-id” el_class=”test-class”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row bg_type=”bg_color” bg_override=”full” bg_color_value=”#c5d0d8″][vc_column][ultimate_spacer height=”15″ height_on_tabs=”15″ height_on_tabs_portrait=”15″ height_on_mob_landscape=”5″ height_on_mob=”5″][/vc_column][/vc_row]