[vc_row full_width=”stretch_row” bg_type=”no_bg” css=”.vc_custom_1428492038956{background-color: #e9e7e3 !important;}”][vc_column][ultimate_spacer height=”50″ height_on_tabs=”50″ height_on_tabs_portrait=”50″ height_on_mob_landscape=”50″ height_on_mob=”50″][vc_column_text]Life can be unfair, and when things go seriously wrong you need lawyers you can trust on your side. Since 1972, Brydens Lawyers have been fighting to protect the rights of their clients and as one of Australia’s largest law firms Brydens have the people and financial resources to take on the big insurance companies. Brydens are committed to making a real difference for their clients and will work tirelessly to deliver the maximum results. So if your life has been turned upside down, contact Brydens Lawyers.[/vc_column_text][ultimate_spacer height=”30″ height_on_tabs=”30″ height_on_tabs_portrait=”30″ height_on_mob_landscape=”30″ height_on_mob=”30″][ultimate_spacer height=”50″ height_on_tabs=”50″ height_on_tabs_portrait=”50″ height_on_mob_landscape=”50″ height_on_mob=”50″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][ultimate_spacer height=”60″ height_on_tabs=”60″ height_on_tabs_portrait=”60″ height_on_mob_landscape=”30″ height_on_mob=”30″][templatera id=”813″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][ultimate_spacer height=”50″ height_on_tabs=”50″ height_on_tabs_portrait=”50″ height_on_mob_landscape=”0″ height_on_mob=”0″][brydens_find_a_lawyer auto_play_interval=”3000″][brydens_find_a_lawyer_item lawyer_id=”538″][/brydens_find_a_lawyer][ultimate_spacer height=”60″ height_on_tabs=”60″ height_on_tabs_portrait=”60″ height_on_mob_landscape=”30″ height_on_mob=”30″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row full_width=”stretch_row_content_no_spaces” bg_type=”no_bg”][vc_column][brydens_ad ad_type=”Right” image_column_width=”4″ height_on_large_desktop=”500″ height_on_desktop=”500″ height_on_tabs=”300″ height_on_mob=”300″ ad_image=”440″][vc_column_text]

I own my own business and someone owes me money. What can I do about it?

Regrettably you are then left in the position of having to commence legal proceedings to recover the amount outstanding. Claims such as this can be dealt with in the Small Claims Tribunal of the Local Court. In the event that the proceedings were not defended judgment can be entered and then enforced. A Writ of Execution can be taken out which involves a Sheriff attending the debtor’s premises to seize and sell property for the purpose of paying the judgment. You would also be entitled to claim interest on the monies owing and a small allowance for your legal costs. In the event that the proceedings are defended then of course there would be a hearing, presided over by an arbitrator or magistrate, who will determine whether the monies are legitimately owed and enter a judgment accordingly.[/vc_column_text][/brydens_ad][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row full_width=”stretch_row” bg_type=”no_bg” css=”.vc_custom_1428572448405{background-color: #c5d0d8 !important;}”][vc_column][ultimate_spacer height=”20″ height_on_tabs=”20″ height_on_tabs_portrait=”20″ height_on_mob_landscape=”20″ height_on_mob=”20″][ultimate_spacer height=”20″ height_on_tabs=”20″ height_on_tabs_portrait=”20″ height_on_mob_landscape=”20″ height_on_mob=”20″][/vc_column][/vc_row]