Selling a Business
Selling a Business
Transferring the ownership of a business is a significant transaction, one that you’ll want to ensure you get 100% right. The consequences of not getting it right can be disastrous and lead to unnecessary disputes or financial loss.
Selling a business can a complex process and depending on the nature of the business, there may be a range of legal issues which need to be taken into account in the sale of your business.
WHY DO YOU NEED BRYDENS LAWYERS?
If you’re selling a business, it’s important to seek legal advice to protect your legal interests.
Brydens Lawyers have extensive experience in business purchases and sales can provide comprehensive advice throughout the entire sale process, from reviewing Heads of Agreement, participating in negotiations to drafting sale of business contracts.
WHAT WILL BRYDENS LAWYERS ORGANISE FOR YOU?
Brydens Lawyers will complete all aspects of the sale of business transaction including:
- Drafting or advising on the contract for sale of business
- Participating in negotiations and ensure the contract accurately represents your intentions and requirements
- Carrying out due diligence and providing risk management advice
- Providing advice to directors as to their responsibilities pursuant to the Corporations Act
- Providing business structure advice
- Providing leasing advice and draft leases
- Reviewing and providing advice in relation to workplace agreements
- Reviewing and providing advice in relation to supplier and service provider agreements
- Providing franchising advice
- Providing tax advice
- Exchanging contracts and attendance at settlement
- Providing liquor licensing advice, applications and transfers
- Advising on, drafting and negotiating business contracts for supply, licensing, distribution, intellectual property and joint ventures
WHEN SHOULD YOU CONSULT BRYDENS LAWYERS?
You should consult Brydens Lawyers if you are selling or thinking about selling a business.
WHAT IS YOUR
Contact Brydens Lawyers to arrange a consultation with our representatives to discuss your sale of business.
WHY ARE BRYDENS LAWYERS THE RIGHT REPRESENTATION FOR YOU?
Brydens Lawyers are experts in business sales and leases. Our Commercial Team can assist you in protecting your liabilities and ensuring your documentation is tailored to your needs.
Brydens have lawyers who not only understand the law but have the ability to think commercially. We add value to you through our experience and negotiation skills.
LATEST NEWS FROM LEE
An article published by insurancenews.com.au on 22 November 2019 references a reported $876 million net loss by NSW State owned Icare for its workers compensation Nominal Insurer scheme last financial year amid rising medical costs and falling bond yields.
It is reported that gross premiums were in the order of $2.5 billion while net claims expenses/scheme costs were just over $4 billion. That is, there was a reported underwriting loss of almost $2.4 billion while Icare received a net investment revenue of just over $1.6 billion.
CONTACT US TODAY
LIVERPOOL HEAD OFFICE
Lvl 2, 203 Northumberland Street,
Liverpool NSW 2170
OFFICES BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Adamstown Erina Parramatta
Albury Goulburn Redfern
Bankstown Leichhardt Sydney City
Blacktown Miranda Tamworth
Campbelltown Newcastle Wagga Wagga
Chatswood Nowra Wollongong