Discrimination in the workplace
Discrimination in the workplace
Discrimination can be either direct or indirect. There are laws in Australia which prohibit it and protect you from discrimination. Often workers can be discriminated at work and be unaware that they may have rights available to them.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE
TO MAKE A CLAIM?
People can be discriminated on the basis of:
- Race – that is, a person who is treated unfavourably on the basis of their race, descent, nationality, ethnic origin and/or colour have been discriminated against.
- Sex – a person treated unfavourably because of their gender, sexual identity, family responsibilities and marital status have been discriminated against.
- Age – a person treated unfavourably because they were older than other people and therefore treated unfairly have been discriminated against.
WHAT ARE YOU
ABLE TO CLAIM?
If you have been discriminated against at work then you may have a claim available to you. Brydens Lawyers are the experts in the bringing of discrimination claims on behalf of our clients. Brydens Lawyers are able to assist in:
- Negotiating a settlement of your complaint with your employer to compensate you for any discrimination;
- Help you make a complaint to the Anti-Discrimination Board of New South Wales or to the Australian Human Rights Commission; and
- Initiate Federal Court proceedings.
WHEN SHOULD YOU CONSULT A LAWYER ABOUT MAKING A CLAIM?
If you feel that you are being discriminated against in your workplace come speak to us about what entitlements you may have.
WHAT IS YOUR
Make an appointment to come speak to a workers compensation lawyer.
WHY ARE BRYDEN’S LAWYERS THE RIGHT REPRESENTATION FOR YOU?
Brydens Lawyers have for over 40 years been representing Workers Compensation claims specializing in Discrimination in the Workplace. Brydens Laywers have a dedicated team of professionals that specialise in Workers Compensation matters ensuring our clients receive the compensation to which they are entitled.
For over 40 years now Brydens Lawyers has been operating a ‘No Win – No Fee’ policy which, simply put, provides that if a personal injury or compensation client is unsuccessful in their claim then Brydens Lawyers will not raise a tax invoice for having acted on behalf of the client. That is, if the claim is unsuccessful we do not get paid. More information about how this works can be found on our No Win – No Fee page.
WE DO WORKERS COMPENSATION LAW WELL. HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES:
1. A worker was being discriminated against by his employer due to his age. This caused him stress and anxiety. We were able to bring a worker’s compensation claim against the employer.
2. A worker was being harassed by other colleagues for his cultural background. This affected his mental wellbeing and capacity to continue working. We were able to claim workers compensation for his loss of wages and related medical expenses.
LATEST NEWS FROM LEE
In conjunction with Variety - The Children's Charity, Brydens Lawyers has implemented an information and education program for parents and carers of children facing chronic illness, disability or special needs.
The presentation is focused upon succession planning, that is putting into place arrangements so as to ensure the continuing care, maintenance and education of the child after the parents or carers have passed. It is a particularly delicate subject, often considered
but rarely spoken of.
CONTACT US TODAY
LIVERPOOL HEAD OFFICE
Lvl 2, 203 Northumberland Street,
Liverpool NSW 2170
OFFICES BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Adamstown Erina Parramatta
Albury Goulburn Redfern
Bankstown Leichhardt Sydney City
Blacktown Miranda Tamworth
Campbelltown Newcastle Wagga Wagga
Chatswood Nowra Wollongong