for Union Members
for Union Members
Any worker part of a union has an entitlement to engage their lawyer of choice if injured at work. Any worker injured at work is entitled to lodge a workers compensation claim.Expert Workers Compensation lawyer.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE
TO MAKE A CLAIM?
Any worker injured at work is entitled to lodge a workers compensation claim.
WHAT ARE YOU
ABLE TO CLAIM?
The Commission has jurisdiction to deal with the following disputes which may arise as between a worker and insurer:
- Claims for weekly benefits (wages);
- Allocation of suitable duties following a work injury where there has been disagreement about the type of duties or the extent of the duties to be performed;
- Medical, hospital and related expenses;
- Liability and quantum of claim for permanent impairment compensation;
- Pain and suffering compensation which is available for exempt workers;
- Compensation for death of a worker;
- Compensation for damage to any personal property;
- Compensation for domestic assistance required by the injured worker;
- Degree of permanent impairment resulting from the injury.
WHEN SHOULD YOU CONSULT A LAWYER ABOUT MAKING A CLAIM?
Following an injury at work it is important that the worker report the injury at the earliest opportunity. The claim is then passed on by the employer to the workers compensation insurer.
If the insurer accepts the claim, as occurs in most cases, the worker will be paid for periods of absence from work and reimbursed medical expenses.
In the event that the insurer disputes the claim and declines same a review of the decision can be sought. Should the insure maintain the decision to decline the claim proceedings can be brought in the Workers Compensation Commission.
WHAT IS YOUR
Simply telephone Brydens Lawyers and make an appointment to discuss your matter with a workers compensation specialist.
WHY ARE BRYDEN’S LAWYERS THE RIGHT REPRESENTATION FOR YOU?
Brydens Lawyers has a specialist workers compensation division. We have many years of experience in this field of law. Brydens Lawyers can call upon a vast array of resources including highly experienced barristers who regularly appear in the Workers Compensation Commission and achieve outstanding results in these matters.
LATEST NEWS FROM LEE
Due to the ever-changing nature of the pandemic, as well as the States operating on different timelines, it can be somewhat confusing to understand what you can and cannot do here in New South Wales. To assist in understanding the latest easing of restrictions,...
CONTACT US TODAY
LIVERPOOL HEAD OFFICE
Lvl 2, 203 Northumberland Street,
Liverpool NSW 2170
OFFICES BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Adamstown Erina Parramatta
Albury Goulburn Redfern
Bankstown Leichhardt Sydney City
Blacktown Miranda Tamworth
Campbelltown Newcastle Wagga Wagga
Chatswood Nowra Wollongong
Now also servicing South Australia, Tasmania and Western Australia
(Superannuation, TPD and Life insurance matters only)