[vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]Often workers can be discriminated at work and be unaware that they may have rights available to them.
Discrimination can be either direct or indirect. There are laws in Australia which prohibit it and protect you from discrimination.
People can be discriminated on the basis of:
- Race – that is, a person who is treated unfavourably on the basis of their race, descent, nationality, ethnic origin and/or colour have been discriminated against.
- Sex – a person treated unfavourably because of their gender, sexual identity, family responsibilities and marital status have been discriminated against.
- Age – a person treated unfavourably because they were older than other people and therefore treated unfairly have been discriminated against.
If you have been discriminated against at work then you may have a claim available to you. Brydens Lawyers are the experts in the bringing of discrimination claims on behalf of our clients. Brydens Lawyers are able to assist in:
- Negotiating a settlement of your complaint with your employer to compensate you for any discrimination;
- Help you make a complaint to the Anti-Discrimination Board of New South Wales or to the Australian Human Rights Commission; and
- Initiate Federal Court proceedings.
For any assistance that you may require in relation to any discrimination complaint contact Brydens Lawyers today.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_wp_custommenu title=”Start a claim” nav_menu=”77″ el_id=”test-id” el_class=”test-class”][/vc_column][/vc_row]