Due to the ever-changing nature of the pandemic, as well as the States operating on different timelines, it can be somewhat confusing to understand what you can and cannot do here in New South Wales. To assist in understanding the latest easing of restrictions, introduced June 1, we have compiled a comprehensive list below:
- Up to 50 patrons allowed at restaurants (with the 4 m2 rule in place)
- Outdoor gatherings/groups of up to 10
- Beauty salons, museums, galleries, and libraries are NOW OPEN
- 5 people can visit your home at any one time
- Regional travel is both allowed and encouraged
- Other gatherings: up to 20 people at weddings, up to 50 people at funerals and places of worship
- Indoor gyms/Yoga studios/Indoor pools to be open as of 13 June.
- Community sport is allowed to resume from 1 July.
It is important to remember that even though restrictions are easing, maintaining established hygiene practices, be it hand washing, maintaining a 1.5m physical distance, being tested if experiencing mild symptoms, are all still of the utmost importance. As we draw closer to the light at the end of the tunnel, now is not the time for complacency, but rather the time to work together as we endeavour to eliminate the spread of this insidious virus entirely.